Friday, August 22, 2008

Game Info

This page is intended as a guideline for character advancement and alternate characters.

Story

This is a very story-driven game and the characters matter a lot. As you move ahead with your character's development, I'd like to be kept in the know. I enjoy hearing your plans and frankly I need to know them if I'm going to incorporate any of them. Use current events in the campaign to your advantage. I'm more inclined to use ideas if they relate to what I'm doing in a given arc. And I encourage you to bounce ideas off other players. A lot of great stuff has happened in this campaign thanks to discussion and collaboration. Same goes for alternate characters, which I absolutely want to hear about before I give the okay!

Materials Allowed

All published and DDI material by Wizards of the Coast, including Essentials, is fair game. I’m also allowing third party material so long as you pass it by me first.

I understand optimization is an inevitable part of some players’ games, but there’s a difference between optimization and broken. I think we can all tell when the line is crossed, and I will not hesitate to address anything I feel is broken or unfair.

And no dice of auspicious fortune!

Age

I’m no longer requiring young characters. Be who you want to be. My main interest is your character's investment in what the current groups are doing.

Races

Check the Races page. I insist you play an existing race.

Classes

I’m currently accepting all published Wizards of the Coast classes.

Ability Scores

Characters begin with an array of 16, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10 (before adding racial modifiers and level bonuses) distributed however you like.

Equipment

You begin with 1 artifact your character level +1, 1 rare and uncommon magic item your level, and the gold piece value of a magic item your level -1 for everything else.

Languages

  • Abyssal: The cacophonous tongue of demons which pains non-demon races to speak.
  • Azerbadi: The native tongue of Azerbad and its people.
  • Balok: The native tongue of Barovia and the shadow domains
  • Deep Speech: The language of aberrations, Underdark and sunken civilizations.
  • Draconic: The tongue of dragons, which can only be properly spoken by dragons and reptilian humanoids. Other races lack the vocal range, though can get by sounding like simple brutes.
  • Dwarven: The ancient tongue of the dwarves, known also by halflings.
  • Elven: The ancient tongue of the elves, spoken by Gloriandelines, Feladrin and Drow in three very divergent dialects.
  • Giant: The harsh tongue of giants and half-giants. Many mountain races also use Giant as their native tongue.
  • Goblin: The Dark Speech, it is spoken by all green-skin races, namely goblins, orcs, hobgoblins, and a slew of other monstrous races besides.
  • Infernal: The smoldering tongue of devils and vampires, spoken in a number of different dialects among the rings of Hell and the Houses of Saspien and Tir’buk.
  • Nors (Common): The native tongue of the Holy Nors Empire. It’s known by all citizens and provides a common tongue for the continent.
  • Prima: The native tongue of the Liscari and Tolernans, surviving today despite assimilation by the Nors.
  • Primordial: The tongue of elementals, genies and the other creatures of the Elemental Maelstrom. Much like Draconic, Primordial is not a language easily spoken by other races.
  • Supernal: The sweet tongue of Angels and the cerebral language of the Astral Sea.
  • Sylvan: The song-like tongue of the Fey.
  • Um: The native tongue of Umabi and Jiwari.

Othyrian Calendar

FALL
Fraun (September)
Delempar (October)
Kelehess (November)

WINTER
Orzhain (December)
*Alo (January, New Year)
Ulanra (February)

SPRING
Talsil (March)
Patarm (April)
Nola (May)

SUMMER
Raleth (June)
Biosh (July)
Gent (August)

Campaign Timeline

Delempar 28th, 17 AS - Talsil 14th, 21 AS (about 4 years 5 months)

ODDS & ENDS

  1. I’ll need a copy of your character sheet.
  2. Don’t trust any fluff not written specifically for this campaign. If you have a question about something you think your character should know, feel free to ask me.
  3. Stay in touch with your fellow players via the forums. They're a great resource for divvying loot, asking questions, posting notices, etc.

No comments: