Just giving everyone a lowdown on how we'll be playing the game.
It basically comes down to two programs. The first is mIRC, which all of you are familiar with so I won't go into any detail on it. We'll be using mIRC for its chat and dicerolling functions.
However, when it comes to maps (which are almost always necessary for battles in 4e) we'll be using MapTools. If you haven't already downloaded the program, please do at this link. I've had the pleasure of playing in a 4e campaign with it, have some experience on how it works, and I think I can make it work for us. It's actually a very smooth, sleek program once you start working with it and I'm currently reviewing the tutorials and such. There'a even a player tutorial with everything you need to know to play in one little bundle here.
In the coming week or two, I'll be asking for each of you to connect to the MapTools server just to make sure we don't have any issues. I don't anticipate any, so gear up to start gaming folks!
No comments:
Post a Comment